Friday, June 27, 2008

Rednormous

While I was mowing the lawn on Thursday, I saw somthing brownish-gray moving by the street. I could only see the top of it, so I thought it might be a armadillo. Then I went closer; it was a huge turtle!!!!!I also saw it had red "ears" which meant it was a red eared slider, my favorite kind of turtle!!!!!!! Can you see the red "ears" in the pictures?
We named him Rednormous, because he is the biggest turtle we have found so far and he is a red eared slider. He was so big (and we already have 4 turtles!!) that we had to let him go. We chose to let him go in a creek called... Turtle Creek!!!! I also found either a woodhouse toad or a dwarf american toad; they are really hard to tell the difference except for the size. He was small enough to be a juvenile woodhouse toad and big enough to be a full grown dwarf american toad!!! (All of us are going to test for a new karate belt on Saturday. I will keep you posted if we pass our test.)
See you (y'all) later!

1 comment:

SkolVikings711 said...

In the picture it doesn't look very big. What are your turtles names?

711 out.